Parachuting or Skydiving is the an extreme sport of exiting an aircraft and returning to the earth with the aid of gravity, then slowing down during the last part of the descent by using a parachute.
TYPES OF SKYDIVING
- Static-line:is a cord attached at one end to the aircraft and at the other end to the top of the D-Bag, this pulls the D-bag out of the container on the jumper back, static lines jumps usually used by the military.
- Accelerated Free Fall:normally the Skydiver exit the aircraft from 10,000 to 13,000 Feet above the ground without anything attached to his parachute and deploy the parachute at certain altitude to slow the free fall motion and land safely on ground.
PARACHUTING SPORT: (DISCIPLINES)
- Artistic Events:Beginning of the 90’s, some skydivers were experimenting with different freefall positions, these were based on manoeuvers taken from acrobatics and ice-skating which makes it fun for Skydivers.
- Canopy Formation:in the early 80’s some skydivers began flying their new generation parachutes in formation with each other often with one skydiver sitting on top of another’s canopy.
- Canopy piloting:a series of tasks designed to test a parachutist’s ability to control his canopy and fly accurately, it consist three events; accuracy, speed and distance.
- Formation Skydiving:when skydivers free fall with each other in preplanned patterns, it consist of 2 events 4-way and 8-way.
- Accuracy Landing:it is one of the oldest competitive disciplines, a simple modified parachute is usually used for this discipline, which allows skydiver to land in certain spot.
All EAF parachuting Emirates championships, competitions and record activities are conducted under the direction of EAF parachuting commission.
The EAF commission work on the development of parachuting in the United Arab Emirates.
The EAF establishes and maintains rules and criteria for the EAF members within the country. EAF provides certification for the Skydivers who jumps within UAE, as below